Life feels a little uncertain right now, doesn't it? I know. Across the media, the social networking, even the office break-room and local supermarkets we are being surrounded with fear, anxiety and panic. It is no wonder we have forgotten some of the following! But let’s take today as an opportunity to remind ourselves that during the coronavirus lockdown;
1. Lonely People Are Still Lonely
Everyone knows someone who is vulnerable, or elderly, or struggling with some kind of mental health challenge. Just like they did last month, before coronavirus was the beginning-middle-and-end of all conversations, these people still need you. They need you to collect their medicine, or order them a food shop, or give them a call to see how they are doing. Sel...
As you’ll know, there is currently a lot of panic and uncertainty going on in the world, and whilst we are 100% compassionate to those needing to self-isolate we also want to be able to continue to support our local community with your overall health and wellness during this time. We aim to do this as guided by the CDC, UK government and local government.
This is to say that at this point, we do not have any intention to close our doors. However, we are taking a few extra measures to help all attendees to know that Love and Light Shala is a safe place to practice yoga, pilates, tai chi and more! Please read and respect the following;
- Please wash your hands thoroughly with the antibacterial soap provided upon arrival to class, before leaving the...
1) It is a reminder of the importance of strong foundations... Without the fingers and toes spread wide and planted solid with knees and elbows tracking, this posture isn't half as steady as it should be.
2) Wheel counter-stretches the effects of hunching over my laptop, long journeys in my car, and carrying my baby boy... My body craves being opened up through the front and this posture delivers.
3) I find that after practicing I walk with much more confidence. The heart-opening effects of chakrasana last way beyond the end of the practice and the opening through the solar plexus, heart and throat chakras all at once get me feeling like Wonder Woman; 'I just took five breaths in wheel, I can take on the world!'
At Love and Light Shala, we believe that YOU are capable of achieving anything you set your mind to. Seriously!
'So why haven't I achieved my goals so far?' you might be thinking...
Well, we are going to suggest that it may be because you need to surround yourself with the perfect team of empowering, encouraging and enthusiastic individuals to support you. No man in an island, and it takes a village and all the rest of the cliches... But really, cliches are cliches for a reason; they make sense, they are tried and true nuggets of wisdom passed down through generations.
So think; the last time you set a short-ish term goal that WASN'T achieved, who were you surrounded by?
They say that our energy is the average of the five main people...
I am dedicated to motivating, inspiring and challenging my people to step into their true power and thrive within it.
I am committed to building and maintaining a heart-warming community, empty of judgement and full of compassion, acceptance, and positivity... A home in which every soul not only feels safe but crucially, celebrated.
I am a fierce feminist.
I am a champion of balance, focus and mindfulness.
I am a conductor of relaxation, peace and calm. I am also a conductor of confidence, passion and creativity.
I am a fierce advocate of me-time, radical self-care and only pouring from a full cup.
I am a single mama, and proud of it.
I am reducing my plastic, and animal produce intake, and carbon footprint every day.